Shopping for your new violin is easy when you know what to look for. However, with plenty of brands available on the market today, it can be a confusing and overwhelming process. So what is the best violin brand that perfectly fits the requirements of beginners?
Choosing the Best Student Violin
Before anything else, you need to consider your budget when choosing a specific violin. Prices of violins today go from hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on the brand. Cheaper violins use lower quality tonewood and other elements. They are typically made with plastic components and synthetic materials.
Below are the top violin brands for beginners you can choose from:
- D Z Strad – this is not a huge brand in the violin industry, but it has a great reputation in terms of reasonable pricing and impressive quality. It currently hosts champion luthiers with excellent track records in the business. This violin brand is perfect for beginners and professionals who deserve quality at affordable price.
- Kennedy Violin’s Nikola Zubak – as one of the most trusted names when it comes to quality and long lasting violins, Nikola Zubak is the perfect fit for students and beginners in playing stringed instruments. It’s a good investment for its materials, features, and pricing.
- Stentor – another violin brand for beginners is the Stentor, a reputable name in the industry for more than 100 years. It’s built with quality tonewood and components in order to produce the right melody and sound. A great investment for those starting to learn playing the violin.
- Bunnel Pupil – this is also a Kennedy Violin that perfectly fits the beginners. It’s handcrafted with high-quality soundboard using sturdy woods such as Maple and Spruce. Pegs, fingerboard, and fittings are all made with real Ebony. The bridge is hand-carved Maple wood that can be custom fit.
- Ming Jiang Zhu – This is one of the brands that offers high quality violin, a real treat because the luthiers chose the finest selection of woods in their batch of imported fine European woods. Miang Jiang Zhu violin price ranges from $1800 – $7000, great thing about this is that you can choose your preferred size of violin. This is a violin that projects powerfully, offering a clear tone while still maintaining a level of depth. This is a great brand for beginners or even professionals who are looking for an instrument that meets their needs.
Whether you’re looking for an entry-level or mid-range violin, these brands can help you find the right model you exactly need as a beginner. There are high-end violins that offer the same features as those affordable models. You just need to be a little bit more aware of the trustworthy brands on the market.